New Zealand 2007 - South Island (Wanaka to Queenstown)

Queenstown viewed from Bob's Peak

Freshly shod and wearing warm dry socks I headed to Wanaka. Nestled amongst the Southern Alps and with a pristine lake it's an idyllic location. I passed a peaceful few days walking along the extensive trails, and also visited Puzzling World a nearby maze attraction where I first discovered Tantrix. Next stop Queenstown. Often described as The Adventure Capital of the World due to the sheer variety of activities you can do, I was spoilt for choice upon arrival. Then someone dropped out of their upcoming skydive and, although it's not an activity that's ever been at the top of my wish list, I decided to take their place. However, as we were getting kitted out the pilot radioed to say the weather was changing and there would be no more jumps that day. In all honesty I was more relieved than disappointed. But I did do the popular Ledge bungee jump before leaving, albeit grudgingly and mostly down to peer pressure. Everyone else was doing graceful swan dives with their chests out and arms spread wide. Mine was more of a lurch, and the mid-air photo I bought as a souvenir clearly shows me looking back longingly at the platform. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Argentina 2019 - Ushuaia and Tierra del Fuego

England 2010 - The Peak District