Spain 2014 - Madrid to Málaga


Plaza de Torros, Madrid Spain
   
Through 2012 and 2013 I was busy getting on with the business end of my degree. Then immediately after graduating I did my CertTESOL. Newly qualified and with itchy feet, I replied to a Tweet advertising a teaching position in Madrid. During that first visit I didn't have a lot of free time because I was completing in-house training, but I did see some of the main attractions and get a feel for a few of the city's characteristically distinctive neighbourhoods. I stayed in Chueca, which was an interesting introduction and a good place to be based. At the first opportunity I visited the Museo Reina Sofia, as I'd wanted to see Picasso's Guernica for a while. It didn't disappoint (unlike the Mona Lisa). I also visited Gran viaPuerta del Sol, and the Gate of Europe to name a few places. Although I was only there for three weeks, and spent most of that time working, I've been back on several occasions since and got to know the city well. In fact, it's probably my favourite European capital after Budapest. Ultimately I didn't accept the position but instead took a job in Málaga, which became my home for the following six years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Argentina 2019 - Ushuaia and Tierra del Fuego

England 2010 - The Peak District